Acquiring your Basic Business License
In the video above, we cover how to acquire your license in order to legally rent in the District of Columbia. This process can be a bit convoluted so we broke it down step by step with links below.
- Fill out the application for the Basic Business License and pay the fee. You will first need to register here: Register
- Obtain your Clean Hands Self-Certification. This ensures you do not owe anymore than $100 in back taxes, parking tickets, etc. to the District. Clean Hands
- Fill out your FR-500 form with DC Tax: FR-500
- Submit Rent Control Documents to the Rental Accommodations Division: Rent Control
- Schedule an inspection to finalize your license
If you have any questions throughout this process, PLEASE reach out to us! We would love to offer help and use our knowledge of the industry to help you move forward in your Basic Business License application.