The Staff Accountant, reporting to the accounting manager/lead in Washington, DC, will interface with audits and transactions.
- Validate and analyze the accounts
- Work closely and partner with the Turnover team to monitor, track and improve the vendor invoice accuracy
- Partner with Property Management team to ensure rent and work order accuracy
- Ensure process integrity within Security Deposits
- Maintain phenomenal relationships with Business Partners and Accounting peers to address information reporting needs. Prepare Accounting schedules routinely and as requested for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Assist with and ensure successful quarterly and year end audits
- Ability to understand the property management environment and the associated financial processes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area (or equivalent) preferred, but not required
- 1-4 years experience in Accounting preferably in a real estate environment with evidence of exceptional ability (Experience in the residential property industry is a significant advantage and will be preferred) preferred, but not required
- Strong ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail in an enterprise resource planning system and articulate the key findings to management
- Strong business skills
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion under strict deadlines.
- Must be able to collaborate and build positive relationships with other teams within Accounting as well as cross-functionally outside Accounting to effectively make recommendations, implement process improvements, etc.
- Positive “can-do” attitude and highly analytical; enjoys challenges
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working with large data sets
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment