Leasing Agent Independent Contractor
- Conducts property showings
- Prepares by reviewing, studying, and knowing property details, neighborhood highlights, and facts including rent, availability, utilities, pets, parking, and time to commute between showings.
- Arrives at showings 15-20 minutes early to ensure properties are ready to be displayed.
- Prepare to provide insight to prospective renters.
- Consults with prospective tenants to identify requirements and budgets.
- Executes a high level of professionalism in appearance, communication, and customer service.
- Establishes rapport with prospective tenants and provides personalized service to have a positive experience.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required.
- A reliable vehicle with a current driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- Property management certification is required within the first 30 days.
- Basic computer/phone skills are required with the ability to learn company-specific software programs.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking, giving tours, and meeting with potential tenants.
- Must be able to traverse a variety of properties with stairs and in a variety of weather.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Independence: Leasing Agent must manage daily schedules, organize to ensure knowledge about properties, commute times, and neighborhoods.
- Interpersonal Skills: Agents interact with prospective tenants face-to-face daily and must be able to listen, respond effectively, and communicate with the Leasing Manager to help determine hot leads versus cold leads.
- Persuasion Skilled leasing agents must be convincing, enhance home/neighborhood features, and be friendly to attract qualified tenants.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Leasing agents must be able to troubleshoot when various issues arise such as finicky keys, lockboxes, traffic, locating parking, real estate laws, and sometimes difficult people.
- Leasing Agents must schedule and pass the Property Manager exam within the first 30 days of employment. Once the Agent has successfully passed this exam, Nomadic Real Estate will reimburse the employee for the exam fee.