Parents who work or need a part-time child care solution to get things done around the house know that finding the right daycare center is very important. They want to make sure the center has an appropriate focus on health and safety, as well as teachers and staff who are well-educated in early childhood education.
Fortunately, there are a lot of great daycares in Bethesda, MD that offer a variety of opportunities and benefits. These five are all great options for your children within easy distance of your home or apartment.
1. The Family Academy of Bethesda
The Family Academy of Bethesda was founded in 1975 and remains one of the area’s most beloved child care centers. It was founded as an in-home daycare, but over the years has expanded to include tuition for all ages. It now also offers a Toddler Camp and two Montessori classrooms. The Family Academy of Bethesda:
- Is a fully licensed daycare center
- Offers programs for children aged six weeks to six years old
- Staffs teachers who utilize the Montessori Method, which includes an emphasis on Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, Social Science and Geography
- Provides a curriculum designed around your child’s developmental stages
- Offers year-round, waitlist-based enrollment
The Family Academy of Bethesda is open Monday through Friday and is located in the heart of Bethesda on Montgomery Avenue. Check out this center if you are looking for a place that emphasizes quality curriculum and child development.
2. Childtime Learning Center
Childtime Learning Center is a fully licensed child care provider in Bethesda, MD, offering care for children aged six weeks through five years of age. A highly-rated facility with many options for families, this center is community-focused and dedicated to serving the Bethesda community. A few of Childtime Learning Center’s benefits include:
- Virtual check-ins on an app, giving you regular updates throughout the day
- CPR- and First Aid-trained teachers who receive ongoing education and training throughout the year
- Programs for children of all ages, from an infant room to private kindergarten
- A premier diaper service, which provides diapers, pull-ups, and wipes for every attending child
With a focus on health, safety, and providing a comfortable, happy environment for every child, Childtime Learning Center is a quality daycare in Montgomery County.
3. Lily Pads Child Care
Lily Pads Child Care is a daycare that has two locations in the Bethesda area — one at 9913 Old Georgetown Rd and one at 9205 Fernwood Road. A family business that has been open for over 10 years, Lily Pads Child Care is a firm favorite with Montgomery County residents. Features and benefits of this high-quality child care center include:
- Personalized care, run by a director with an MBA and a degree in Early Childhood Education
- Regular enrichment activities for all age groups, including yoga program, soccer, music, and exercise programs
- An app to keep parents connected with their children throughout the day, updated with photos and videos by care providers
- Part time care is available, depending on your family’s specific needs
With an emphasis on open communication and individualized care and many years of experience, Lily Pads Child Care is one of the best daycares in Bethesda.
4. Whole Kids Academy
A mainstay in the Bethesda-Rockville area, Whole Kids Academy is a Spanish immersion preschool welcoming children from six weeks old to pre-kindergarten. This family owned day care offering premium care offers:
- A wide-ranging curriculum with a focus on a healthy body from the inside out
- Whole Foods Academy serves organic, high-quality food to all students
- Programs for all ages from infant to preschool, as well as summer programs and afterschool care, to serve every family’s needs
- Care providers trained to teach with joy, focusing on age-appropriate activities and learning structures
- A unique “Language Immersion” curriculum, allowing all students to spend a significant portion of each day engrossed in Spanish language and culture
With frequent open houses throughout the year and lots of opportunities to virtually explore what they have to offer, Whole Kids Academy is a great option for child care in the Bethesda area.
5. Primrose School of Downtown Bethesda
From their “Balanced Learning” approach to child development to their beautifully designed classrooms, Primrose School of Downtown Bethesda is a premier facility with services for infants to pre-kindergarten. It is located on Glenbrook Road, and offers a lot of benefits including:
- Primrose School of Downtown Bethesda has a chef on staff to create balanced, healthy meals for all attending children
- Regular and part-time care for infants through pre-K, as well as afterschool care and summer programs
- Strict health and cleanliness standards, including frequent disinfecting of all toys and high-touch surfaces
- Continuous safety training for all staff members
- A curriculum that balances multiple educational philosophies — including Montessori, Piaget, Gesell and Vygotsky — to create a well-rounded program for attendees of all ages
The Primrose School of Downtown Bethesda proudly offers a childcare experience that is top-of-the-line, with care providers who treat your children like family.
Make Bethesda Your Forever Home
It can be challenging to find the daycare option that suits all of your needs, especially if you’re new to the Bethesda area or about to move here. These options should be able to help you narrow down the selection and find a daycare program that checks all the boxes, but making the region your new home involves other facets of your life.Contact Nomadic Real Estate today to speak with an expert about any questions you might have about moving to or living in the Bethesda area.